Terms and conditions
Accepting the Terms of Service and Changes
We, Brisbane City Council, can and will modify these terms and conditions at any time by posting revised terms and conditions. You agree to accept those changes from now on.
MyValley.com.au will be a media site incorporating a lot of third-party information, photos and publications.
We may send you e-newsletters if you give us your email address for this purpose, and we may also send you other materials that relate to events organised or supported by us.
When posting comments or reviews to Myvalley.com.au, you must make sure:
- your comments are relevant to the original thread starter;
- your comments are not inflammatory, unreasonable or obscene;
- your comments are not politically disparaging or designed to offend political views of other people;
- you are civil and respectful of others and their opinions (including not impersonating anyone and not posting someone’s personal information without their permission); and your behaviour is in line with all relevant laws, particularly those on religious and political bigotry.
If Council becomes aware of content that does not comply with these terms and conditions, we reserve the right not to publish it, or remove it.
You promise that any material you provide to the Site does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party.
Online Reviews & Deals
“Online Reviews & Deals” means the reviews, foods, goods and services offered for sale a by a third party.
By accessing this Site and any Online Reviews & Deals, you agree that you are responsible for verifying the accuracy of the information before accepting or using any Online Reviews & Deals.
You assume all risk in connection with your acceptance and use of any Online Reviews & Deals.
We do not warrant the accuracy, quality, completeness or reliability of any Online Reviews & Deals.
We will use analytics tools on our Site and you agree that any information gathered is ok by you, and is not a breach of your privacy.
We own or licence all content on this Site and we assert our right to be recognised as the author of our original material, if any, on this Site. We support the sharing of information and the use of the website content for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth). However, you are not permitted to reproduce or reuse content on this website for any purpose. Council is very protective of its logos which are trademarked.
Limitations on Automated Use
You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the Services:
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, or the computer or delivery systems of Myvalley.com.au and/or its service providers;
- probe, scan, or test any system or network (particularly for vulnerabilities), or otherwise attempt to breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- access or search or attempt to access or search the Services by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces that are provided by Myvalley.com.au (and only pursuant to those terms and conditions), unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with us;
- use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information, including without limitation by forging TCP-IP packet headers or email headers;
- insert viruses, cookies, bots or other malevolent, spying or data-gathering algorithms; or
- interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to so interfere or disrupt), the access of any Subscriber, host or network, including, without limitation, by sending a virus to, spamming, or DDoS, or by scripted use of the Services in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services.
Law and Forum for Legal Disputes
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against us must be resolved exclusively by a court located in Brisbane, Queensland. You are not to use a court that does not use our laws; you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Queensland for the purpose of litigating any such claims or disputes.