- These terms and conditions set out all of the information regarding the Brisbane City Council –MyValley Eats and Treats campaign (the Terms and Conditions).
- The promoter of the campaign is Brisbane City Council ABN 72 002 765 795 acting through its City Planning and Economic Development branch whose principal offices are at Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane (the Promoter).
- Participation in this campaign is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The campaign will run from 12.00pm (AEST) to 2.00pm (AEST) each day from Monday, 19 April 2021 to Friday, 23 April 2021 inclusive (the Campaign Period). A person can only claim a Gift during the Campaign Period.
- A maximum of 200 quick service ice-creams (with a choice of plain waffle soft serve, waffle rainbow sprinkle, waffle sherbet or waffle ice princess) will be available each day during the Campaign Period (each a Gift).
- To be eligible to enter the campaign, participants must:
- be aged 16 years or over; and
- have an original receipt from a café, restaurant or takeaway food business (excluding supermarkets and convenience stores) within the MyValley Precinct (a Participating Retailer) that is clearly marked with the date of purchase during the Promotion Period, the amount of the purchase and the store or business trading name (a Valid Receipt).
A map showing the area of Fortitude Valley which forms the MyValley Precinct is available at https://myvalley.com.au/my-valley-events-calendar-listing-criteria-and-guide.
How to claim the Gift
- To claim a Gift, eligible individuals must, during the Promotion Period, undertake the following steps:
- Make a purchase of at least $8.50 (Minimum Spend) at a Participating Retailer during the Promotion Period (an Eligible Transaction) and obtain a Valid Receipt.
- Present the Valid Receipt, on the same day of receipt, during the Promotion Period to the campaign staff located at Brunswick Street Mall.
- Provided the 200 Gifts available for that day during the Promotion Period have not already been claimed, the presenter of the Valid Receipt will receive the Gift from campaign staff.
- Valid Receipt(s) will be marked at the time the Gift is redeemed and that Valid Receipt cannot be used again regardless of whether these are an unused balance of purchases above $8.50 or more on that Valid Receipt.
- A person may only present one Valid Receipt per day during the Promotion Period and only one Gift will be able to be claimed for each Valid Receipt. No subsequent Valid Receipts on the same day will be accepted by campaign staff.
- The Promoter will not accept any receipts which do not provide all required information to be a Valid Receipt or are illegible. Bank transaction
No liability of the Promoter
- The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the Gift. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the campaign, or acceptance or use of the Gift. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the Gift.
- If for any reason the campaign is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter), which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this campaign, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the campaign.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; Council may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- If the campaign is cancelled due to one of the reasons stated in condition 11 and 12 above, notice of this cancellation will be published on the website https://myvalley.com.au/
Competition updates or cancellation
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and participants if and when required and to disqualify any participant who tampers with the entry process or submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promotor to enforce any of its right at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time and to cancel or amend the campaign at any time. Any modifications or updates to the Terms and Conditions or campaign will be published on the website https://myvalley.com.au/.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland.